PLEASE NOTE THAT YOUR USE OF AND ACCESS TO OUR SERVICES (DEFINED BELOW) ARE SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING TERMS; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE FOLLOWING, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SERVICES IN ANY MANNER.
Last Updated September 1, 2019.
Acceptance of Terms.
Rules and Conduct.
Smallstep has no obligation to monitor the Service or any use thereof. However, Smallstep reserves the right at all times and without notice to monitor, review, retain or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental (including law enforcement) request.
Your use of the Services is subject to the following additional restrictions:
You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
- Infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Smallstep);
- Violates any law or regulation, including any applicable export control laws;
- Is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- Attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- Violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- Runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services’ infrastructure);
- “Crawls,” “scrapes,” or “spiders” any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- Copies or stores any significant portion of the Content;
- Decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
Third Party Sites.
The Service may permit you to link to other websites on the Internet, and other websites may contain links to the Site. These other websites are not under Smallstep’s control, and you acknowledge that Smallstep is not responsible for the accuracy, legality, appropriateness or any other aspect of the content or function of such websites. The inclusion of any such link does not imply endorsement by Smallstep or any association with its operators.
You agree that the Site, Content and all other aspects of the Service are protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, trade secrets or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by Smallstep in writing, you agree not to sell, license, rent, modify, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit or create derivative works from the Service.
THE SITE, CONTENT AND OTHER ASPECTS OF THE SERVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED. SMALLSTEP, AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND CUSTOMERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT: (A) THE SERVICE WILL BE TIMELY, ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; (B) THE SERVICE WILL BE SECURE OR AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; © ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED; (D) THE SERVICE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR (E) THE RESULTS OF USING THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Limitation of Liability.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Smallstep, its affiliates, licensors, suppliers and customers, and their officers, directors, employees and representatives, from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, that arise from your use or misuse of the Service. Smallstep reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will assist and cooperate with Smallstep in asserting any available defenses.
Smallstep may terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, with or without cause, effective upon notice thereof to you (provided that, if Smallstep determines there may be an immediate threat to Smallstep, it may terminate such access without notice). Upon termination notice from Smallstep, you will no longer access (or attempt to access) the Service. All provisions of this agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers and limitations of liability.
Copyright and Trademark Notices.